Go to Grandma Kathy Buckworth joined us this morning fresh off a trip to Ireland with some tips on how we can enjoy historical travel with our kids or grandkids.
Here are her tips for a fun, successful trip:
1) Consider both the ages and the interests of everyone in the group.
2) Plan the trip together, making sure to be okay with splitting out for different interests
3) Don’t make it too heavy on “you’re learning something”; make it more organic
4) Think about “slow travel”. Visit one place for a longer period of time.
5) Have an itinerary, but make room for flexibility, and fun.