We’ve had to learn to do a lot of things online over the past year, including hosting joyful celebrations. And of course, one of the best things we celebrate in life is the expected birth of a new baby.
How can we give Parents-to-Be a virtual baby shower? Babies and their moms and dads still need things, and family and friends still need to express their joy.
But where do you start, and when should you start?
Typically, a baby shower is held a couple of months prior to the anticipated birth of the baby. With a virtual baby shower, you’re going to need to start your planning at least a month before that, if possible.
Here’s a quick check list to follow:
- First, verify with the parents to be to make sure they want a virtual baby shower. Some may prefer to wait until an in-person get together is safe. They’re on board? Great! Set a date that works for them, and you, as the host. Make sure the date is timed so that the invitations (including the gift registry information) give respondents enough time to prepare.
- Select the online platform you want to host the baby shower on. Zoom is most popular, and free, easy to load – all things to consider with a varied age range potentially Zooming in. Check in with potential invitees in advance to see if they need assistance in loading the app or using the camera on their phone and/or laptop.
- Prepare an online invitation that includes all of the details – date, time (start and end), link to platform, link to registries. If you are including a “baby pool” (guesses on date, name, weight, etc.) remember to include that as well. Include a deadline for registry orders if you want the parents to be opening the presents live on Zoom.
- Have your guests record and send in a video to create a virtual visual guestbook that you can run during the shower, online, for everyone to see. You can edit and set it to music with iMovie or a similar app.
- Games are fun but limit them to quick, fast, and easy to follow online quizzes and challenges.
- Provide easy to display baby shower decorations for the parents, simple signs, etc. to create a festive feel to the video call. Investigate a colourful video background if possible.
- Make a list of quick and easy food and drinks for your guests to (optionally) prepare and enjoy during the baby shower, or consider working with a local catering company or restaurant to have snacks delivered to each attending party, depending on budget and size, of course.
- Before the big day, make sure to have a trial run with the parents to make sure that their internet connectivity and speed are adequate to support a video call, and that they are comfortable with camera placement, lighting, audio and surrounding décor.
Ameda Canada – Finding the best breast pump for you can be a challenge for new moms. Ameda has been the premier name in breast pumps for more than 75 years and is passionately committed to helping families achieve their breastfeeding goals through education and innovative products that make breast pumping easier, more comfortable and more effective. Ameda knows how much breastfeeding matters to moms and their babies and offers a variety of efficient hospital-strength breast pumps that are hands free, reliable and help serve moms in every stage of new motherhood. A good breast pump is every mom’s secret weapon.
Dimpleskins Naturals – Dimpleskins Naturals provides skincare with new moms in mind and are formulated with natural ingredients to be extra gentle for your new baby. This natural, cruelty-free, hand-made baby skin care is designed and produced in British Columbia. Committed to using ZERO chemicals, Dimpleskins uses only 100% pure or organic raw ingredients derived from vegetable and plant oils. No ingredients have been altered or preserved using synthetic materials keeping Dimpleskins products non-toxic.
PumpEase – Moms love PumpEase hands-free pumping bra because it makes busy lives easier by freeing up hands and its compatible with any electric breast pump. This is the only pumping bra on the market that supports hand compression and massage of one’s breasts while offering exceptional comfort, durability and top-notch quality stylish fabrics new moms will love! PumpEase has been awarded the Todays Parent Approved award for Quality, Ease of Use and Value.
TensCare – Harnessing the restorative power of EMS and TENS technology with low-level electrical stimulation, TENSCare offers natural, drug-free pain relief and toning. Their extensive product range offers diverse solutions from maternity and childbirth to pelvic floor toning and muscular training for sports.
To learn more, visit www.motherschoiceproducts.com
Satya’s “The One Stick” – Good for all skin stresses, The One Stick delivers Satya’s holy grail, multi-purpose moisturizing formula in a simple, refillable twist stick that glides on easily and absorbs quickly. It is formulated with only all-natural, whole ingredients and no fillers, alcohol, or steroids.
Water Wipes – These original baby water wipes are suitable for sensitive, newborn and premature baby’s skin. Made with only two ingredients – 99.9% water and a drop of fruit extract, these sensitive baby water wipes are purer than cotton wool and water. 95% of healthcare professionals said they recommend WaterWipes*. WaterWipes are the only baby wipe approved by Skin Health Alliance, The Vegan Society, and have the National Eczema Association of America’s seal of acceptance.
Kobo Audio Books – Kobo has the lowest subscription price, and your first audiobook is free. You won’t be charged until after 30 days. Cancel anytime. Get one credit each month. Use it on your choice of audiobook, regardless of price. Get access to exclusive content including Kobo Originals. Your audiobook collection is yours forever, even if you cancel.
This is a sponsored post, but as always, opinions are my own.